Please consider assisting this meritorious initiative as Liberty Manor was the first veteran’s home of its kind. Interestingly, in the past, the Veterans Administration did not provide housing for veterans that failed to have substance abuse addictions or mental health. This of course, was encouraging some veterans to embellish or confess they had an addiction or to admit they were contemplating suicide or causing harm to another person just to get some of the most basic resources such as a roof over their head. The veterans that we serve at Liberty Manor are veterans who have played it straight all their life – no drug addictions or mental health. It is our endeavor to provide them with resources therefore they will be in a position to become stabilize once again and get back on their feet.
Some of the specific needs that the veterans have expressed they need as well as some of the needs of Liberty Manor:
- A trash compactor would be a luxury and very practical as we house a great number of veterans, and the kitchen is chaos.
- The Veterans are in need of towels, twin bed linens (even if used) blankets.
- Liberty Manor requires some roofing as a small cottage that houses two of our terminally ill veterans requires a metal roof replacement the size is 70×20.
- Consider donating an automobile, making transportation to job interviews or doctor visits to the VA hospital possible.
- Perhaps sponsor Cable Service, as the veterans have limited income, and this is usually their only source of entertainment.
- Grocery, gas cards, restaurant gift cards. The veterans have mentioned the need for dishwashing and laundry detergent, coffee, creamer, sugar, toilet paper, paper towels, silverware, garbage bags almost anything that comes with establishing a household! Bottom line, veterans should never have to suffer as they stand for everything that is good.
Please consider helping us to continue providing them with a place for homeless veterans to call – home. Any assistance that you provide will be a blessing, I certainly feel these veterans are worthy of our assistance as Liberty Manor provides all of us the opportunity to express our appreciation to those who paid the costly sacrifice for our freedom.